Thursday 16 April 2015

Mon Jules


 




I realise I've written about lip products a lot on this blog already, but this is going to be the last one for a while, promise. I was umm-ing and ahh-ing as to whether I should even post this one but I have to share my new found obsession with the world.

I totally didn't mean to buy a new lipstick, I've put myself on a lipstick ban because I have way too many, but I was drawn to this like a moth to a flame. L'Oreal 'Mon Jules' is one of the new L'Oreal releases, for which 14 new shades were released to mark the 30th anniversary of Colour Riche lipsticks - who knew they've been around for that long?! I was having a swatch of them all (and btw there is not a single dud shade), but naturally I was drawn to the pinky purple shade. 

I would describe 'Mon Jules' as the perfect cross between MAC 'Rebel' and NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in 'Damned'. It has a very similar colour to Rebel (which y'all know is one of my favourite lipsticks ever) and the finish and lasting power of Damned. I'm usually not a matte kinda gal because I cannot stand how drying mattes are and how they settle in the cracks of my lips, but I feel like L'Oreal have got the perfect formula with this one: matte, but totally comfortable on the lips and, oh my god, this stuff doesn't budge. I've put it on at 8am, gone to work, eaten lunch, drank water, talked, everything, and then I've arrived home at 6pm and it's still there looking pretty perfect. Talk about staying power. I have to get a strong oil-based cleanser and scrub like crazy to get it off. 

I always have to choose between my love for bold colours and my need for a low maintenance lip, but now I don't have to. Love love love.

Georgia
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment