Friday 12 June 2015

A Birthday Tea at the Ritz










Apologies for the super photo heavy post, but the only way to describe tea at The Ritz is through photos. I don't think I could possibly describe just how decadent it is inside. As someone who's always felt as if they should have been born into the upper class and afternoon tea should be a regular occurrence, there was no place better for me to go on my 21st birthday. (Yes I know I look about 17. I'm 21 now, promise.)

In true Francis fashion, me and my family arrived 5 minutes late after lots of panic and a sulking Georgia on the tube, but none of the staff batted an eyelid and we were sat down at a table with the most expensive silverware I've ever seen. As it was my birthday, they poured the over 18s some complimentary champagne (cue my sister commenting rather loudly 'I prefer lambrini') and we all had to pick a tea from the rather extensive tea menu. I'm not a regular English breakfast tea drinker but I settled for the Passion Fruit and Orange tea and drank an entire teapot of the stuff; it was delicious! 

Tea at The Ritz is famous for their finger sandwiches, I think I ate about 17 in total as well as two raspberry macaroons (I have a macaroon weakness) and 4 scones. I could barely move afterwards but all the food was so yummy and as it's not cheap, I was determined to get my moneys worth - mission accomplished. They also bought round some extra cakes on a really fancy looking trolley, it would have been rude not to have had a generous helping of the orange and white chocolate cake.

Towards the end of the tea, the waiters started to bring out birthday cakes for everyone who's birthday it was. We hadn't paid for the birthday tea but the waiter knew it was my birthday so bought a little cake out anyway which I took home in a little box. It's the little touches like that which made it such an amazing birthday experience. 

I've included a little OOTD photo at the bottom which I'm quite nervous about posting because I don't have the best body confidence and I wasn't the biggest fan of my dress. It was a Topshop panic buy because I didn't have a suitable dress, but horizontal stripes?! What was I thinking. However, I did want to share my outfit because it'll be a lovely memory to look back on. On a better note, I'm totally in love with my Steve Madden shoes even if I could barely walk in them.

Have you ever been for tea at The Ritz?

Georgia
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment