Tuesday 4 August 2015

Brighton Pride








This weekend I took a trip down to Brighton for what was one of the best experiences I have had in a long time: Brighton Pride. It was so refreshing to get out of Reading for a day and escape to mind-numbing monotony that is my life. For the first time in a while, I was able to completely let go and just enjoy the moment.

I spend the entire day surrounded by people who believe in love, happiness, kindness and most importantly, equality. I think humanity spends so much time looking out for themselves, that when you end up somewhere where everyone is celebrating two things: equality and love it's a shock to the system. If I could spend every day in a crowd like Pride, I would be the happiest girl in the entire world.

I have so many memorable moments from the day, including seeing Ruby Rose (oh my GOD), drinking way overpriced vodka, laughing away at the drag queens in the cabaret tent, screaming, laughing and almost peeing myself on the Waltzers, and people watching for hours. I spent the day surrounded by so many beautiful people and so many beautiful couples, it just proved to me that love is the most important thing in the world. As The Beatles said, 'all you need is love'.

Love is love, happiness is happiness and equality is the most important thing in the world. I feel like if I devote my life to any cause, then it's going to be fighting for equality for everyone LGBT. If anyone knows of any ways I can get involved, then please let me know. It's a big field to look at getting involved in, and to be honest I'm finding it fairly overwhelming trying to get involved but I'm determined.

See you next year Brighton, but next up: Reading Pride!

Georgia 
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment