Wednesday 28 October 2015

A Week In Dubai







I took my camera to Dubai with me with full intents to vlog and photograph the entire holiday, but when I was there I realised that I didn't want to. I decided (for the most part) to cut myself off from technology, to not worry about shoving my holiday all over social media and just live in the moment, something which is really foreign to me. I found it so relaxing to leave my phone and camera locked away in the hotel rooms safe, grab a book and just have some time out. So I apologise for the lack of photos, and for the only photos I do have being hurried iPhone snaps, but they do bring back some lovely memories.

We stayed at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel and I would totally recommend it to anyone. I have a severe phobia of lifts and they were every single staff member was accommodating and helpful, giving us a room on the first floor and throwing in an upgrade to a beach-view suite (?!?!) while they were at it. The hotel was incredible and I'm counting down the days until I get to go back. It has it's own waterpark and I miss sleeping my days away in 40 degree heat on the lazy river.

The only time we needed to venture away from the hotel was to pay a visit (okay, two visits) to the Dubai Mall. Let me tell you, you ain't ever seen extravagance until you've been to Dubai. They had more shops than I've ever seen in my life, a entire floor dedicated to food (the dream), massive waterfalls, a dancing fountain display, an ice rink, and it's own souk. I felt like a kid in a toy store. Or an adult in the biggest freaking mall in the world. 

I love Dubai.



No comments:

Post a Comment